Need Help with New Toto Models

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by SAS, Sep 15, 2009.

1. SAS

SAS Member

Six years ago I purchased and installed 2 Toto Drake ADA compliant toilets. The only time either one overflowed was when the line from the house to the septic system needed to be cleared. So needless to say, we are generally well pleased with the purchase. The only thing I do not like is that the bowl needs to be cleaned more frequently than I would like (practically every time there is solid waste in it).

So now I need to replace another old toilet in the house and I am trying to figure out which of the new Toto models would work best. I could go with the old 1.6 gallon Drake with Sanagloss in the hope that the added glazing would improve its ability to wash down waste. Or I could go with the 1.28 gallon Drake II with Sanagloss and the Double Cyclone flushing system. Or would I do better with the Ultramax II? I like the appearance of the one piece unit but do wonder about ease of installation (as I generally wind up doing them by myself and it would seem that the one piece units could be awkward to handle). The one thing I don't want to fiddle with is the Unifit connector.

So can anyone give me a sense of how the new units compare to the old Drake?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Since 1992 there has been less water to rinse with.

The Sanagloss models help with that.
    I've been selling a few of the Drake II and the Ultramax II with Sanagloss.

[video=youtube;Xn9_zctMge0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn9_zctMge0[/video]
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010