Need help with new toilet decision....

Users who are viewing this thread

scottel

Reaction score
First, great forum, very informative!

I want the best flushing Toto you can buy, don't care too much about looks/cost/etc. but not looking at power assist. I'm pretty much down to a Drake 1.6 ADA EL or a Drake II 1.28 EL. Ignoring all other differences, at the end of the day which one is the best flusher/least clogging? I'm leaning towards the Drake, but looking for your comments, other suggestions. Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Both of those flush well. The Drake II has an updated bowl wash, while it doesn't change the evacuation of the bowl, it does improve the bowl cleaning. A bunch of the differences between the 1.6 and 1.28g flushes is a much more carefully calibrated flush valve to avoid overfilling the bowl, so the actual difference in flush performance is very subtle, but the 1.28 does wash the bowl better (part of that is making their optional glazing standard on the II enhancement).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks