Need help with identifying the manufacturer of diverter spout

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Christa Jansen, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Christa Jansen

Christa Jansen New Member

Hello,

I need to replace a leaking tub diverter spout, which was installed in our home in 1999 by the builder. Unfortunately I have no idea who the maker is. After several e-mail communications with Moen, they have told me that our spout is not a Moen product.

I have posted a couple of pictures at photobucket.com. On the underside of the spout are the letters ZP in an oval shape and SA in a circle or large C. Here are the links:

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/c...ifyinglettersonunderside_zps80646e99.jpg.html

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/christajan0211/media/spoutandlever_zps73cc8991.jpg.html

I would be grateful for any help you can offer.
    Thank you, Christa Jansen
  2. Smooky

Smooky Member

3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Before you can buy a new spout, you HAVE to know how yours is attached, because there are at least 3 different ways it could be done and they are not interchangeable.
  4. Christa Jansen

Christa Jansen New Member

Yes, I did neglect to say that the spout has a U-shaped opening. We did not find a screw there, which, I believe, would indicate that it is a slip fit. We think ours is threaded. What is the third way that a spout gets attached?
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The third way is a Delta spout with a "multi purpose fit to wall" adapter which attaches to the pipe and the spout screws on to it.