Need help with Culligan filter system part

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by DC76, May 25, 2008.

1. DC76

DC76 New Member

I’m trying to install a Culligan undersink water filter (EZ-4 model), but the supply adaptor piece just broke, and I need to get another one.

The piece is a white plastic adaptor that the instructions refer to as the supply adaptor. A picture is here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/10023499@N04/2521952297/

Is there another name for this piece, and can I find it at a hardware store? I’d like to get a metal one, if it exists.
  2. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

Well,its a tee,but a very specific,dedicated use type of tee.You wouldnt find one in a hardware store or even a plumbing house.You need to get it from Culligan.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

It looks like a Tee that would connect to your water supply valve, to tap off a supply to the filter. In the first place, I would not use a plastic piece for that. Too much downside. First, determine the size of the outlet of your supply stop, then go to the plumbing store or hardware store and get an appropriate brass tee.
  4. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

I checked out the instructions for this thing,and the tee is 1/2" pipe thread so it can screw onto the faucet shank.The other end is 1/2" male pipe,you put the faucet riser on there.So you could duplicate that with a 1/2" brass tee with a short nipple.
    But the branch outlet to the filter supply is a quick-connect push fitting,you wont be able to duplicate that.Since the supply tubing is 1/4" OD,I suggest a 1/2" male pipe thread x 1/4 OD compression adapter.You end up with a big clunky tee but should be plenty room under a sink.You do lose the convenience of the quick-connect but thats not too big a deal.Might have to do a little traveling to find that compression adapter.
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I still think using a tee down at the shut off valve is easier. But all you need to do is take all your stuff into a plumbing or hardware store....they should fix you up with some parts which go together.