Need Help w/ Waste Arm

Users who are viewing this thread

Valerie Richardson

Reaction score
I just installed a deep, single-basin sink. I cannot even hook it up to the waste arm though, and I bought a disposal, which is obviously not fitting either! Do I HAVE to lower the waste arm? What are my options? Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• pic-1.jpg
    pic-1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 116
  • pic-2.jpg
    pic-2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 111

Valerie Richardson

Reaction score
Is it possible to take out the drain extension and reroute the pipes so the disposal fits? Is there more than one way to have your pipes routed? The waste arm is not that high as is- maybe 12-16" off the bottom of the cabinet. I want to consider all options before I have to call someone to move the waste arm.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When I'm measuring from the floor, I'm not considering the bottom of the cabinet that is raised 3.5" off the floor.

The drain can be installed quite a few ways. It looks like you will be cutting the trap arm closer to the wall to make things fit. You may need to offset with fittings too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks