Need help to remove Kohler tub's lift and turn drain stopper

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by diynewbie, Jan 19, 2011.

1. diynewbie

diynewbie New Member

I am struggling to remove the set-secrew to de-clog the drain. The set screw seems to be a brass one and easily stripps off when trying to unscrew using any regular screw drivers.. I would appreciate any advice to remove the stopper and de-clog the drain and I would like to replace the screw with a stainless steel one so that it doesn't strip in the future .. The space is so narrow (about 1/4") between the tub floor and the lifted drain that even inserting a screw driver is a PIB (pain in the b..t).. .. Please help..
  2. diynewbie

diynewbie New Member

found my answer

whether the lift-and-turn stopper has a setscrew or not , push the stopper down as if you close the tub from draining any water. Then use your plier or wrench turn the head of the stopper counter-clockwise. This unscrewed the whole assembley instead of just opening the stopper head.... Hope this might save ton of time and aggrevation for another newbie like me!!:cool: