Need HELP Swanstone Fit-Flo drain strainer

Users who are viewing this thread

windmeup

Reaction score
I purchased a Swanstone 36x42 shower base that came with a fit flow drain consisting of a gasket that fits over the 2" PVC pipe and is pushed down into the drain hub to form the seal.
The drain strainer, made by oatley, is said to simply snap into the top portion of the hub. The directions suggest bending the tabs on the strainer to get it to fit. It seems that no matter how I bend the tabs
it does not want to stay down. It keeps popping up. Swan customer support says they never heard of this problem. I got a replacement from them but it does the same thing. Does anyone have a suggestion? Maybe a different type of strainer?

PeteH

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Hard to believe they never heard of it. I tried bending the tabs out to the point where I had to force them back in to get them to fit into the base opening but the strainer still doesn't seat properly and I can easily remove it using my fingernails. Did you have any luck finding a solution?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks