Need Help Removing Impeller from Goulds JS+ pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Pinckman

Reaction score
I have a cracked motor adapter that I want to replace. I un-bolted the moter adapter from the cast iron casing, but can't figure out how to remove the impeller so I can remove the motor adapter from the motor.

Thanks

Giles

Retired tool & Die and Mechanic
Reaction score
I don't know about your particular pump, but I have worked on many pumps with impellers. Most likely, the impeller is either threaded to the motor shaft and will have to be removed by turning in the same direction as rotation. When running the impeller is continuously tightened. I have accomplished this most easily by lightly tapping with a blunt punch in a thick part of the impeller if the motor cannot be secured from turning. Care must be taken to avoid bending the shaft while doing this. The impeller could also be "keyed" to the shaft and secured with a set screw.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks