Need Help Removing a Stubborn Faucet Nut....

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
Just short of me heading back home to get the sawzall, torch

I'm onsite replacing my grandpops 60+ year faucet. Add a bit of leaking and the locknut is either welded/rusted to the post or the washer underneath the nut.

Used a hammer to break the seal between the locknut and washer as much as I could.
Good ole standby Kroil is not doing the trick...
Not alot of leverage....and basin wrench sucks a$$ when you need leverage.

Just short of me heading back to get some HEAT (which I can use since the cabinet is is metal which is a +++) and or taking a sawzall from the top and sliding it underneath to cut the stem, I'm not sure what else just short of TIME to soak which time does not allowed to afford right now.

What's your secret sauce fellas.

Chefwong

Reaction score
Disregard.....I ended up taking a chisel, breaking apart the washers ( there were 2 under this locknut) and a little bit more Kroil and cursing and the locknut is off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks