Need help on these pumps

Users who are viewing this thread

curt61

Reaction score
My pump crapped out and found these listed on Craiglist,my pump is 3/4HP 230v submersible and guy says thats what he has,hes got 2 pumps but for some reason after an hour looking online I cant find out what these are,,any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 279
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 289
  • pumps.jpg
    pumps.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 287

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well......

The Goulds 10EJ07412 is a 10gpm, 3/4 hp, 3 wire pump that hasn't been made in years, has leaded brass motor mount and discharge with a Franklin motor. Really good pumps.

The other, I'm thinking is a 7 gpm, 3/4 hp, also a 3 wire, probably new old stock like the Goulds. Depending on the application, I'd take the Goulds

curt61

Reaction score
Thank you very much craigpump,one other question.This person is about an hour from my place,I do have a multimeter and even though he claims new still feel I should test them,how do I go about testing motor to verify its good?

curt61

Reaction score
Great info,never would have thought of that,so I should be ok buying one these pumps just as long as I check for this fluid prior to installing,thats good to know.Should I check motor with multimeter though?..just check to make sure no short to casing,correct?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the pump has never been used, it will have antifreeze in it and would not have hurt to store in a place that freezes. You just need to make sure the fluid is topped off before installing it. If the pump has been used, the antifreeze may have gotten exchanged for well water and freezing would push the ends out on the motor.

Same with the multi-meter. If the motor has never been used it should not show a short. If it has been used I would check for a short to the case (RX1000K), and also makes sure the ohms from one leg to the other are correct (RX1). From one leg to the other, the two lowest readings should add up to the highest reading, like 2,3, and 5.

curt61

Reaction score
If the pump has never been used, it will have antifreeze in it and would not have hurt to store in a place that freezes. You just need to make sure the fluid is topped off before installing it. If the pump has been used, the antifreeze may have gotten exchanged for well water and freezing would push the ends out on the motor.

Same with the multi-meter. If the motor has never been used it should not show a short. If it has been used I would check for a short to the case (RX1000K), and also makes sure the ohms from one leg to the other are correct (RX1). From one leg to the other, the two lowest readings should add up to the highest reading, like 2,3, and 5.

Thanks for info,suppose to be new pump and will find out Saturday.Just glad I got a back up shallow well,keeps the wife from getting too upset..

curt61

Reaction score
Thank you Guys for all your help,turns out these were not new pumps and the Goulds pump didnt match numbers on box....did find a new pump purchased this past year for $100 less than store cost so Im good to go.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks