Need help moving toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

JDSmart

Reaction score
I posted earlier about moving a toilet about 3 feet to the left of where it sits now so we can install a double vanity. Below are two photos the first on is the existing setup, not done by me. The second one is what I propose. I want to eliminate the horizontal portion of this one. There is only a wet vent available. To run another vent will be a real pain. Is the second photo workable if not what do you suggest?

Attachments

• IMG_0394A.jpg
    IMG_0394A.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,368

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Because there is no vent between the shower and the toilet, flushing the toilet will tend to siphon the shower trap.
The lav is not wet venting the shower in this picture.

attachment.php

The wrong way.

And the right way.

dwv_b1.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The lav would vent the shower, if the shower were not connected with an "S" trap. we have to take you word for it that the lavatory is REALLY a "wet vent" for the shower and toilet.

JDSmart

Reaction score
Because there is no vent between the shower and the toilet, flushing the toilet will tend to siphon the shower trap.
The lav is not wet venting the shower in this picture.

attachment.php

The wrong way.

And the right way.

dwv_b1.jpg

Thanks Terry, I found that the distance from the shower to where it is connected to the toilet was about 6.5 feet. I did not want to have to drop another vent but I have no choice with this distance. So the drawing you show is exactly what I came up with except there is no second floor dropping down. Again thanks do much for steering me in the right direction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks