Need Help - Is this Toilet Vent pipe going to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wally3433

Reaction score
I am getting ready to close up this floor - but wanted to make sure that my toilet vent pipe is ok. This is the way it was hooked up from the original condo construction.

Sorry I do not have a picture the shows the whole vent line - I had to spilt it up into three pictures. Basically, the toilet drain has a vent connected at about on foot from the flange, and that vent line runs accross the floor, up through the plate on the wet wall where the sink is, and connects to a series of vents that is above the sink and then ultimately into the main vent stack.

Attachments

• Toilet Flange 2.jpg
    Toilet Flange 2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 6,356
  • DSC05839.jpg
    DSC05839.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,641
  • Vent Statck small n.jpg
    Vent Statck small n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 3,483

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While it probably works, I think it is way too long before it goes up. Do not know what codes say, but I think it should be closer - probably to the wall in back, then up and over. Or, go up (if you have an attic above), and connect there. If there was a clog, that line would fill up and be a pain to clean out.

Wally3433

Reaction score
Jim - thanks for the reply. I was wondering what would happen with a potential clog. I can't go up - there's four more floors of living space above me, none of which is mine. I will see what I can do about going up, then over and around - not even sure if that is possilbe, and probably the reason they constructed it this way.

Wally3433

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses.

What is the code that this vent is in violation of? Is it a distance requirement at which point the vent must be higher than the fixture?

Secondly, why does this requirement exist? What problems could result if I don't move the vent?

Thanks for the help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks