Need Help Installing Commercial Wall Mount Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

pmcint01

Reaction score
I bought a commercial two bowl stainless steel sink I'm ting to install. I have a commercial wall mount faucet and the separate install kit which consists of a brass elbow and a brass nipple. Used Teflon tab on both ends of the nipple and tightened as much as possible and it still leaks. I think the nipple is straight threaded. Should I be using joint compound instead? Do I need to buy new nipple and elbows because it'll be impossible to get the nipple out now?

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes tape and pipe dope together is better.
The nipple is either tapered, or if it's straight, you may have a different way of sealing it.
If the nipple is hard to remove with pliers, an "easy out" may the the tool you need. That grabs the inside of the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks