Need help in draining/venting a new bathroom layout

Users who are viewing this thread

mrhoades

Reaction score
I have torn apart and begun remodeling our main/only bathroom and need some advice on the best way to drain/vent a new shower, bathtub, and sink at new locations in the bathroom.

Some background.
1) This is a 2 story home and this 'only bath' is on the first level.
2) I have a full basement and complete access to the above items.
3) The toilet is already hooked up to the soil/vent stack and is not being relocated.
4) I would prefer not having to run a new auxillary stack thru to the roof. The new shower/tub/sink are all 'relatively' close to the main stack.

I have included an image of the layout....it should help clarify what I am trying to do. I have found that its the 'venting' solution that I cannot figure out.

Any and all suggestions are welcome ... i really need the help, as my wife is 'done' with having her only bath 'under' construction.

Tx... Mike

Attachments

• bthroom.pdf
    15.1 KB · Views: 369

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vents

1', 4', or 8' from the main vent is immaterial. Every fixture needs a vent and HOW you do the piping determines whether you have to add vents for the tub and/or shower not how far away it is, but there is no way to do the sink without its own vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks