Need help identifying this faucet for a replacement

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mmclean, Jan 21, 2010.

1. mmclean

mmclean New Member

I have been looking for a replacement of this shower faucet and I have no idea who makes it. The screw goes all the way through and connect to the copper connector which is round and has two or three holes. I am remodeling our bathroom and this is one of the last steps. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

IF you mean a repair part, that is the weirdest faucet I have ever seen and have no idea who the manufacturer could be, although a picture of the pieces you took off might be of some assistance. If you mean "replacement" then any faucet can replace it with the proper access.
  3. asktom

asktom Member

I think not swapping out the valve earlier in your project was a stategic error. Bite the bullet and do it now.
  4. mmclean

mmclean New Member

Shower faucet identification needed

Hoping someone experience can identify this faucet....Thanks. faucet1..jpg faucet2..jpg
  5. Andrew21

Andrew21 Member

Wait a minute. You are remodeling your bathroom and didn't figure out that you had to replace this valve? Plumbing is one of the first things you should think about before putting up the walls and tiling!!! Like someone said, bite the bullet. Cut it out and put in another valve.
  6. mmclean

mmclean New Member

I appreciate the information but you are assuming alot when I say "remodel." I'm looking for the identification of this faucet to hopefully replace it with the same so I don't have to open the wall. Just like my posts asks...Can you halp me identify this faucet.....read before posting or criticizing. You're wasting my time.
  7. asktom

asktom Member

At the risk of wasting your time, how about sending us a picture of the pieces you took off like HJ said in his post. Hopefully that would assist us in identifying your faucet, but you may be assuming alot when you think that means you will actually be able to find the same.
  8. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Since you won't find parts for that faucet, it may "save time" to buy a new faucet.
    This post has been here for over three months, and none of the plumbers have seen this faucet.
    If I were to stumble across this, I would go out to the truck, and pull out a faucet and be done with it.
    A Moen Posi-Temp CC style would be an easy one to install.

You can also order a remodel plate for the Moen that will give more space on the wall for working.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  9. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

This is a strange bird. I don't remember seeing a valve with this much of the mechanism standing proud of the finished wall. We really need to see whatever goes onto this thing.
  10. Andrew21

Andrew21 Member

+1 with Terry
  11. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

Like other posts have said, the parts that you took off might identify what you have, or is that wasting your time also?
  12. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

That mixer valve is a BrassScrapBin model 2.5lbs....

As the others have said it should have been replaced before the walls went up...
    If you don't have access from behind the wall then your brand new bathroom can have a Smitty Plate in the shower...
    Them goof plates look good in a brand new bathroom!
    You can look at it until the next remodel and say I won't make that goof again...