need help identifying softener?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I read that it normally injects before a contact tank so that there is adequate time for it to work.
Right. He's got a contact tank, apparently (the "huge Wellmate "holding tank""). The issue is how and where is the chlorine being injected? I wonder if there's a missing or hidden injector pump somewhere?

Reach4

Reaction score
No. Chlorine is used to kill bacteria or oxidize iron and sulfur. Carbon will remove the oxidized iron, sulfur and chlorine in the water. Carbon does not remove minerals. It removes chemical and/or odors.

We need more information/picture on that tank. A contact tank would have pipes top and bottom. I had thinking the gray tank behind the blue tank in the second picture was a pressure tank.

Also, that bleach tank would need a dip tube. Is the dip tube missing?

Last edited:

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think he has a Stenner pump. There looks to be a line going into the solution tank behind glue and cleaner can sitting on the tank. Not sure though. Need better pics or at least further away so all of it can be seen.

Billfig

Reaction score
This setup seems all set..wonder if the plumber has it working good?

Attachments

• IMG_1152.jpg
    IMG_1152.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 230
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks