Need help identifying shower hardware

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by scottcal, Dec 21, 2012.

1. scottcal

scottcal New Member

Here are a couple of pics. Thanks in avance for the help!

image2.jpg image.jpg
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Now, if we had a picture of the part in the wall behind the trim plate, we might be able to answer the question.
  3. scottcal

scottcal New Member

image.jpg

image.jpg

The black part is grohe I believe. Does that guarantee that the hardware is the same brand?
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The cartridge is of course Grohe. Some companies provide valves to aftermarket "foo-foo" designers who provide the trim; I don't know if Grohe does that. Someone may recognize that logo just above the word "warm" on the plate. In any event, you do have 3 chances to get new trim....slim, fat, and none. But since based on the "modern" finish, I presume it is not so old, so there may be some grohe stuff that would work. Be aware that Grohe, and Hansgrohe, are two completely different companies.