Need help identifying make and model of controller unit for troubleshooting

Users who are viewing this thread

Johnnie'sWater

Reaction score
I live on a small island and am having problems with the controlling units on my water conditioner. The company it was purchased from is no longer in business and I cannot find anyone that knows anything about them. The system has two tanks and two controllers but no markings as to identify the maker or the model of the system. One controller starting giving a code (Srby) that does not exist in its literature, which does not identify the maker or the model either. I initiated a manual "Regen" or backwash cycle at which point that controller displayed the number of days until it's next auto-cycle and the message (Srby) is now displayed on the other controller. I initiated the manual "regen" or backflush on this unit and the same "Srby" message remains displayed continuously. Does anyone have any advice as to where I should begin?

Thanks in advance

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
A photo would be of great help in figuring out the type of control that you have.

Chevy427

Reaction score
Wow, I have been to Utila. Some great scuba diving. What a great little island! Lived in Teguc and La Ceba.

Some photos would really help.

Johnnie'sWater

Reaction score
Wow, I have been to Utila. Some great scuba diving. What a great little island! Lived in Teguc and La Ceba.

Some photos would really help.

This is a great island. We have the Utila Dive Festival coming up in August if anyone is planning on visiting the Bay Islands in August. Water solutions, if you ever come dive on Utila, look up Kelly Ash, me, and I'll take you shore diving in places you can't dive with any other dive shop and maybe kill a lionfish or two while we're at it.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I dive all over but have not been there yet. It looks wonderful. Maybe for my my 15 year anniversary my wife and I will go. We just got back from some snorkelling in Florida with the Manatees again, it was my 7 year olds first time doing a real snorkel trip. I cant wait til she starts to learn SCUBA. She can use the gear fairly well in a pool so far :)

Johnnie'sWater

Reaction score
Utila still has some really beautiful dive sites but some are pretty low on reef fish numbers. On the upside I hear alot of compliments about the reef health here compared to other place on the mesoamercian reef. We have the some of the best snorkeling in the world also. On one snorkel, in about 4 ft of water, I saw an ocean trigger fish, which is about 3 ft tall, a spotted eagle ray, and an octopus. It's defintely a place to visit if you dive.

So, back to the business at hand> I finially got some pics of the controllers I'm trying to identify, and get a user manual for:

Controller 01.jpgController 02.jpg

Thanks everyone :)

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Correct, with the MAV (motorized alternating valve) which typically makes this a twin alternating design.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks