Need help identifying faucets

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by MEYLIN, Jun 21, 2012.

1. MEYLIN

MEYLIN New Member

See photos of mini widespread and 8 inch widespread faucets. Any help identifying the manufacturer would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Those designs are almost generic with the various "custom" manufacturers. They could be California Brass, Artistic Brass, or any of a dozen other brands, many of them out of business. A photo of the stem will often identify who made the basic unit, but not always who added the artistic design to it.
  3. MEYLIN

MEYLIN New Member

See attached photos of faucet stems. Any idea who made the basic unit?

Attached Files:

4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

In the lower photo, the spout reminds me of American Standard Jasmine, but I don't think the handles are right for that. The cartridge could be AS, similar to 994053-0070A
  5. MEYLIN

MEYLIN New Member

After months of research, I may have found the manufacturer of the widespread stems... Brasstech Faucet Part (FLU-4685 and 4686). My question is whether I can replace faucets with a trim kit made by Brass Tech?

Attached Files:

6. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Brasstech is not a faucet brand per se, it is a conglomerate. http://www.brasstech.com/ Your faucet is a dated design, and the availabilty of trim is doubtful.
  7. MEYLIN

MEYLIN New Member

Plan would be to replace entire faucet on two sinks and roman tub. Replacing valve on the roman tub would be difficult and requires removing tile. Would a Newport Brass trim kit work on existing valve?
  8. hj

The core problem is that most of those Roman tub spouts are integral with the deck, ( unless it is secured with an Allen screw on the back of it), and can only be changed by accessing the area underneath the deck which would reqire tile removal. The sinks can use ANY faucet that you feel has a compatible look to it.
  9. MEYLIN

MEYLIN New Member

No allen screw on the spout it would require tile removal. Newport Brass trim is more expensive than replacing with Delta faucet and valve. Any reason to stay with Newport Brass?
  10. hj

The ONLY reason anyone would buy Newport Brass, or any other similar faucets, is for the looks.