Need help Identifying faucet

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by euphoric28, Apr 16, 2011.

1. euphoric28

euphoric28 New Member

I just bought my house and both my faucets need the cartridges replaced. There are no identifying marks except for CSA marking and I need to know what brand these are so I can find the cartridges. Your help is greatly appreciated.

euphoric28_shower.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Sad to report you have Mixet brand. It was never anyone's favorite brand, and they have been out of business for a decade or more. The good news is , almost any hardware store has your cartridge and replacement handles. Take your old cartrigde with you, as there are a couple of variations.

If you do no have a recirculating pump on your hot water, then you will not be bothered by some classic internal defects in the body, and you can probably keep the shower going for a few more years.

Nomix Inc. repair cartridges that fit Mixet brand valves
    It is a Moen style stem to replace the Mickey Mouse one that Mixet uses.
    hj

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2011
  3. euphoric28

euphoric28 New Member

Thank you very much Jimbo. Your a life saver.