Need help identifying faucet/tap

Users who are viewing this thread

newbiehomeowner

Reaction score
Hi all, new here and so I hope I'm following protocol. I didn't see a dedicated kitchen plumbing forum...anyway, as per my handle, I just bought my first home last fall and am learning all about the fun stuff that comes with that, foremost the repairs that I have to tackle myself (or pay someone else to do) vs. paying a maintenance guy on call for free!

So my kitchen faucet is leaking from the tip. I can find plenty of different videos and guides on how to troubleshoot and repair this issue, however before I start treating things apart, I need to get a repair kit for it and that is the problem. I have absolutely no idea what brand/model the faucet is and there are no markings anywhere on it. Therefore, I have attached a couple of pictures in the hope that someone might recognize it or at least point me in the right direction.

This is probably a long shot, but short of going through every possible faucet website I can find, hoping to find a match, I don't know what else to do!

Thanks in advance for your help!

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need to turn the water off underneath. Then take off the handle. You should be able to figure out from there how to take it the rest of the way apart to be able remove the cartridge. To determine what type faucet you have compare your cartridge to ones at the hardware store. You could take it apart and take pictures of it and see if anyone can help you that way too. Then you could put it back together and use it as it is till you find the correct parts to fix it.

newbiehomeowner

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I guess I'll try and open it up, but I didn't think that they all used the cartridge system. Will post back!

SHR

Reaction score
Looks like a Delta handle. That vintage probably has seats and springs in it that need to be replaced. Parts are available everywhere plumbing parts are sold and many how-to videos available online.

newbiehomeowner

Reaction score
Thanks SHR!...I will check their site and see if I can narrow it down. I took the handle off, but couldn't get any further as I didn't have an adjustable wrench, though it is a ball type fitting. The screw that holds handle on also doesn't sit well when I try and put it back - leaks more than before!...I guess I will stop by Lowes tomorrow and show them the pictures and get myself tooled up!

What do you mean by "That vintage"?...thanks again.

Looks like a Delta handle. That vintage probably has seats and springs in it that need to be replaced. Parts are available everywhere plumbing parts are sold and many how-to videos available online.

newbiehomeowner

Reaction score
Look what I found SHR...

I definitely feel better about getting the right parts and being able to get this done now. First time in this forum and I've received great responses and very quickly too. I will make a point to come back as I break/fix more stuff!...

EDIT: Guess direct linking is frowned upon here. Bottom line - It was a delta as you had said!...thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks