Need help identifying a Roman faucet, Price Pfister

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by michaeldiy, Aug 5, 2010.

1. michaeldiy

michaeldiy New Member

I have a whirlpool tub with a Roman faucet that I need to replace since it is badly corroded. I have checked and there is no access beneath the tub, so I was hoping to just be able to replace the trim. Unfortunately I cannot find any identifying marks on it. So I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with it or recognized the mounting that it fits on. Attached are the pictures of it, with the spout being about nine inches long. Thanks.

Attached Files:

• 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      20.4 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      33.8 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      45 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      19.4 KB
      Views:
  2. asktom

asktom Member

It looks like a Price Pfister. If you post a picture of the stem next to a ruler somebody here will be able to tell you for sure.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Given the non-PVD brass finish, it puts the age at something over 10 years. The handle style resemble a Moen Monticello. A picture of the cartridge will solve the mystery!
  4. michaeldiy

michaeldiy New Member

Pictures of Stem

Thanks for the help Asktom and jimbo. I have attached some pictures I took of the stem to aid with the identification of the faucet.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      45.7 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      77.6 KB
      Views:
  5. asktom

asktom Member

It is Price Pfister, from their Society Finish series. I believe that series is discontinued, but suspect (I haven't tried it) that parts from their newer RT6 series would fit.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

IT is PricePfister, but the "hub" for the spout on the new valves is different from the old one, and cannot always be made to interchange with it. Because of the size of the new stems, the escutheons and holders are also larger on the new ones and will not fit your valve, but some places still carry the old versions. The handle and stem trim for an 8" lavatory faucet is the same as the Roman tub valve.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010