Need Help identify in order to replace Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnnyRock

Reaction score
001.JPG
002.JPG

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you intend to repair this, or literally replace it? If replace it with new, code would require you to do it to meet current requirements, and you cannot replace it with a 'like' item even if you can find one. You are allowed to repair what you have, though. Can't help with the brand or model, but depending on what's needed to repair it, it could be tough on something that old.

If you decide to replace it, they make what is called a remodel plate that would cover the holes from the existing handles to seal up that area, and a new valve would be installed in the middle.

JohnnyRock

Reaction score
Thank You for replies. I have been slowly replacing and upgrading bathroom, (do not have unlimited funds, who does anyway?) did ceiling, vanity and now attention to the bathtub/shower. the house was built 1933, i was built 1955, I am getting ready to retire after 25 years as a iron worker. I cannot afford to retire in NY. so the house needs to be sell-able. without doing a complete rip out and remodel, new and shiny bathtub faucet parts. A cleanup of grout, re caulking and re spray tub might be the cheaper alternative. But if i cannot identify parts then i'm stuck. could there be markings inside?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you can find a good plumbing supply house, you want to take the existing stems to them to try to find a suitable replacement. There are some on-line catalogs. You need an accurate measuring tool to verify the dimensions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks