Need help finding a non-standard vacuum breaker

Users who are viewing this thread

Julien81

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a leaky vacuum breaker on a outdoor faucet. Based on my own measurements, the inlet seems to be 1 3/8" (36 mm) and the outlet is a more standard 3/4". I can't find anything like that on plumbing supplies site or at local hardware. Can anyone help me find a suitable replacement part or maybe an adaptor to use a more standard vacuum breaker (if this is possible..). I've joined a picture of the leaking vacuum breaker.

Thanks to all in advance !

Julien DSC01473.jpg

Julien81

Reaction score
Here's the outdoor valve where it was attached. I've just measure the outlet diameter and it seems to be more like 1¼" than 1 3/8".

DSC01476.jpg

Quarterball

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's difficult to determine the manufacturer of that frostproof sillcock from the photo. Is it feasible to replace the entire unit? That may be easiest and least costly in the long run. If anti-siphon/backflow prevention is required by code in your area, find a frostproof sillcock that has the approval markings "ASSE-1019" permanently marked on the unit, and/or "CSA" if you are in Quebec.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I normally just replace the entire faucet, rather than spend a lot of time on research.
If you can determine the brand, which a better picture may show, then yes, you may be able to order the replacement part.

As a plumber, I need to finish jobs on one trip. I don't have the wait a week or two and make the second trip out.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I 2nd the motion. Replace the whole valve. That vacuum breaker wasn't supposed to come off and the fine threads are there so that it can't just be removed. (after market ones have a screw that breaks off after installing to prevent misuse of the faucet) So that said, I doubt that even if you find the company, they would have a replacement. And when you do replace it you might want to actually put a couple of stainless screws into it this time. ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks