Need help finding a bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

thomasthomas

Reaction score
Hello all, I am starting the processing of renovating our house. Its 43 years old. The most expense renovation will be the bathrooms. In the upstairs portion of the house is my mother's bathroom. She is a senior and I would like to install a walk-in bathtub. Can anyone give me any feedback on these tubs?
On the lower-level, which is called the in-law apartment, which is where I live, I have a very small bathroom. 6ft wide by 10ft. I want to change the bathtub to something that I can soak in. (I'm 5'11") And I'm on a budget. The bathtub enclosure is an alcove. Measuring the length and width of the existing tub, the space is 60" x 30". So I need a tub that will fit into that space. However, I want a tub that is at least 27" deep. Any suggestions?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
bathtub

A deep tub will seldom come in anything narrower than 36", and I would be very hesitant to install a walk in tub on the second floor. They have a tendency for the door seals to leak, and even if "lifetime" warranteed, it still takes time to have it repaired.

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I would avoid baths that have textured floors. I just installed a Kholer Villager and the tub looks like it's been there for 10 years. I am so totally disappointed.

Tom

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks