Need Help FAST PLEASE!!!! TOILET FLANGE STUCK TO FLOOR!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Amyjfrerichs

Amy J
Reaction score
Hi Terry, and All,

I need help. I have redone my Grandmothers bathroom for her, she recently went in the hospital and went to Hospice, then to a skilled nursing home and is coming home tomorrow!!! I was hoping to have a wonderful surprise for her! Well, I had all new travertine set in the floor and shower walls, got her a new vanity, sink, everything! I removed the toliet two weeks ago so the tile guys could come in and set the tile, I have been looking for a new one and decided (thanks to you all) to go with the Toto Drake, it's 8 weeks out. Went to install the old one back while waiting for the Toto and realized that the flange has now been CEMENTED to the floor, IN THE WRONG POSITION!!! The bolts are at about 1 and 7 o'clock! I was just putting down the new wax ring and discovered this. What in the world do I do?!?!? Please help! Gram must have a toilet to come home to tomorrow and I am at a loss!!! Thanks so much!!
Amy

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi Terry, and All,

I need help. I have redone my Grandmothers bathroom for her, she recently went in the hospital and went to Hospice, then to a skilled nursing home and is coming home tomorrow!!! I was hoping to have a wonderful surprise for her! Well, I had all new travertine set in the floor and shower walls, got her a new vanity, sink, everything! I removed the toliet two weeks ago so the tile guys could come in and set the tile, I have been looking for a new one and decided (thanks to you all) to go with the Toto Drake, it's 8 weeks out. Went to install the old one back while waiting for the Toto and realized that the flange has now been CEMENTED to the floor, IN THE WRONG POSITION!!! The bolts are at about 1 and 7 o'clock! I was just putting down the new wax ring and discovered this. What in the world do I do?!?!? Please help! Gram must have a toilet to come home to tomorrow and I am at a loss!!! Thanks so much!!
Amy

Drill a couple new holes through the flange.

Amyjfrerichs

Amy J
Reaction score
Really? Since they brought the concrete right up under the ring I don't know how to get bolts under there now at all... the whole thing is basically cemented underneath to the flange. OK, well thanks so much for the tip!

Reach4

Reaction score
Consider a repair flange over the top.

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?15945-closet-flange-ring-rusted-out-in-concrete-slab
https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?5267-Where-to-buy-quot-red-ring-quot-flange-repair
https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?50277-Need-Help-with-Toilet-Flange-Moss-Bay-Flange

Post a picture if you still are looking for something more.

red_ring_03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF the bolts are in the wrong position, it means the flange was able to rotate, so regardless of how it is "cemented it place", it should rotate back where it was for the old toilet.

Amyjfrerichs

Amy J
Reaction score
IF the bolts are in the wrong position, it means the flange was able to rotate, so regardless of how it is "cemented it place", it should rotate back where it was for the old toilet.
. Oh how I wish it were that easy. However since it is in fact cemented underneath up to and including the flange it will not move..at ALL.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Let us know how Gram likes the Drake when you have it in.

Eight weeks? Is it coming by dogsled? Oh...Florida...hmmmm...is it being driven there in the left lane by an elderly gentleman wearing a hat?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks