Need for vent stack?

Users who are viewing this thread

kimbaby57

Reaction score
Hi! And thank you in advance! We are expanding a half bath in our basement, adding a shower, and roughing in for a kitchenette. The current situation sink and toilet will stay where they are. They share a vent stack with the washer and slop sink in the adjacent utility room. The new shower, kitchen sink and dishwasher will share a drain, plugging into the main waste drain in the floor. My question is, do we need to add another vent stack for the new fixtures? Or can we plug into the existing vent stack? That stack is at least 3 inches diameter.

kimbaby57

Reaction score
You cannot tie into a stack for venting if any of the fixtures above are using it for a drain.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The pipe I'm referring to is exclusively used as a vent stack. Not as a waste pipe. Didn't know if I can add the venting for a sink, dishwasher and shower into one which is already venting 2 sinks, a toilet and a washing machine.?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks