Need faucet for irrigation system

Users who are viewing this thread

seatrees

Reaction score
I had a new Arrowhead 450 faucet installed 2 weeks ago. That is a frost-free faucet that does not have a backflow preventer. It is now leaking from the stem. It is not leaking AROUND the stem, but from a hole drilled in the stem which is right by the handle. Arrowhead's repair info for this faucet includes the warning:
"Do not leave faucet open for more than 12 hours • Not designed for constant pressure applications (i.e. sprinkler & drip timers, “Y” Shut offs... )"

What would be a more appropriate faucet for this application? I read a post in this forum stating that the 12 hour limit is inherent to vacuum breaker faucets but this is not one of those.

seatrees

Reaction score
Correction: I believe this is a 460 faucet with check valve. In any case, all of the arrowhead faucets have this warning so I need a faucet suggestion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks