Need extra high toilet for extra tall husband

Users who are viewing this thread

sweetswededoc

Reaction score
Hi, My husband and I are renovating our bathroom and we have an unusual situation. He is (a former NBA basketball player) is 6'11', and has pretty worn out knees. The ADA height toilets are just too low. Of course this is a historic house, so the Toto cyclone fush toilets would be a great choice (in terms of flush). We have the toilet in its own WC room (4'X6') So I was considering having a 6" platform built, and placing the ADA toliet on the platform. Have you encountered this issue with the super tall before? Any suggestions? Thanks Judy

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
It can be done, They make a plastic riser that is sold on the net with 7" closet bolts that connects to the existing flange.

I'd prefer a custom built elevation before the plastic, made to conform with the skirt line of the toilet.

Either that or go with a wall hung and set as high as you want, going to cost more to design that application.

I have one customer that has wall hung AS toilets and hopefully they never leak where they hook to the wall. :confused: :eek:

I'm tall and I have handicap rails to grab onto.

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You can do that. Are you guessing at the 6"? If your going to build one you want it to be the right height the first time.

If you build a platform you will need a plumber to extend the drain and flange up to the new height.

highline-tall-pic.jpg

Kohler Highline Tall with a 19" high bowl
K-25224

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks