Need expert help, polybutylene water service?

Users who are viewing this thread

kookla50

Reaction score
First leak happened July 2012. Only way to know it is when you get the $3,500 water bill from hell. Line is 2,000 feet from meter to house. Property is desert. No way to find leak until water surfaces which took almost two months. Could not cut off water since $100k of landscapping would die, and pool pump would tear up. So, had to have water on for couple of hours each day for second month. Second month water bill $2,500. Digging five feet deep under road to find line and repair was $2,800. Second time it happened was July 2013. Same scenario. Total costs so far, $15k. Replaced line August 2013. Cost $15k. Total costs $30k

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
If you have a swimming pool you may have a hard time blaming all of your water usage on a leak.

I would expect a very high amount of evaporation in your neck of the woods.

Just keeping your pool topped off would take a bit of water.

I have heard of those surprise bills.

kookla50

Reaction score
Average water bill in summer with no leak = less than $150 month. Not the pool. 2" main water line pouring into the desert at depth of five feet is (was) the problem. No tracer on the line and no way to find leak until ground saturated. Not a pleasant experience at all. Thanks for reply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks