Need direct faucet replacement for old fiberglass double utility sink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Reilly

Reaction score
Good afternoon,
I'm hoping you might know who still makes my faucet. It's an old brass faucet, top water inlet for a fiberglass double utility sink. The house was built in 1969.
Here is the oddity. The 1/2" copper inlet pipes are exactly 2-3/4" apart center to center. All the surrounding plumbing is soldered up very rigid so there will be very little give here. I'd certainly rather not rip this all apart so I'm hoping you may know a mfr that makes a faucet with this dimension? I'd appreciate any help.
Many thanks,
Mike
P.S. I sent along a couple photos.

Attachments

• Faucet 002.JPG
    Faucet 002.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 228
  • Faucet 004.JPG
    Faucet 004.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 199

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
3 1/2" may be the best you can do these days, since i do not know of any company making the "spout offset to the front" design which allowed the 2 3/4" dimension.

Mike Reilly

Reaction score
Thank you both very much for the input. I am grateful for the information. Maybe if I mate up two 45 degree 1/2" couplers it might get me very close. Worth a try.
Thanks again.
T'care,
Mike

Mike Reilly

Reaction score
I just tripped across one by accident that is almost a perfect match at homedepot.com. It's a "Design House" and is 3" center to center [I'm sure I can squeeze that -1/4" that I need].
The new faucet is a quarter turn to wide open and has washerless cartridges , $40.00.
Thank you again,
Mike

Last edited: