Need backup battery pump recommendations in overhead sewer system

Users who are viewing this thread

shooman332

Reaction score
After our basement flooded last year we had our sewer lines moved to overhead. I want to get a backup battery sump pump system for the sump pump pit. The pit is 18 inches wide and 18 inches deep with a Zoeller M53 pump in it. Originally, I was going to install a Zoeller 508-0005 backup system but after talking to Zoeller they told me it wasn't a good idea because of the lack of space in the pit. I've been looking at the PHCC-2400 system, the StormPro 2100DC, and the Wayne WSM3300.

I want to use the AGM batteries because my wife and I don't want to deal with lead acid batteries. I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone has to offer. Thanks!

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I want to use the AGM batteries because my wife and I don't want to deal with lead acid batteries. I would greatly appreciate any insight anyone has to offer. Thanks!

LOL

Welcome to the forum, you got me laughing a bit. I thought a AGM was lead acid. But I get your point.

A normal UPS could be used to power any 60Hz pump you choose. Just select the size you need to give you the runtime that you want. You should overrate it by %50, for it to last.

I would steer away from the DC pumps, because they may have brushes to deal with. They will not last, and may not work when you need them most.

Check Out APC.Com.

Good Luck on your project.

Last edited:

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can't supply any info for a backup system but one of the best deals for high quality AGM batteries is Sears DieHard PLATINUM (not Gold) series which include the deep cycle marine batteries. They are rebadged AGM Odyssey batteries made in USA by EnerSys. Three or four times a year they go on sale for 20%+ off, plus there's usually coupon codes for a bit more. You can go to Slickdeals website and search Diehard for the details. Also you can set an alert so you can get an email when they go on sale.

DonL

Reaction score
I can't supply any info for a backup system but one of the best deals for high quality AGM batteries is Sears DieHard PLATINUM (not Gold) series which include the deep cycle marine batteries. They are rebadged AGM Odyssey batteries made in USA by EnerSys. Three or four times a year they go on sale for 20%+ off, plus there's usually coupon codes for a bit more. You can go to Slickdeals website and search Diehard for the details. Also you can set an alert so you can get an email when they go on sale.

That is good to know.

I know for a fact the the Gold series sucks. I bought 2 of them, and they both died in the same month after 2 years, in two different autos. They were $100 a pop 20 years ago.

AGM is good for that application. Get that Money clip out...

shooman332

Reaction score
Thanks for the input on the batteries. I watched a video onYouTube where the plumber was using some thick gloves to fill the battery.

Is an AC DC system necessary for my situation or will the DC batteries be enough?

The more plumbers I talk to the more confused I get. We have not had many power outages but I do want to protect my home! Other than Sumpro are there any good backup systems?

DonL

Reaction score
Thanks for the input on the batteries. I watched a video onYouTube where the plumber was using some thick gloves to fill the battery.

Is an AC DC system necessary for my situation or will the DC batteries be enough?

The more plumbers I talk to the more confused I get. We have not had many power outages but I do want to protect my home! Other than Sumpro are there any good backup systems?

I would not waste my money on a DC pump motor if AC is available.

www.APC.com

Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks