Need Assistance determining pump size

Users who are viewing this thread

RR1947

Reaction score
I have a 24' deep well, using a 1 1/4 screen but am not sure of the best horsepower to use. Have looked at both 1/2 and 3/4. I want to ensure optimal power production but not to the point of overkill. The well will be used for general garden and yard sprinklers, not irrigation. Thanks, Rick

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I would go with the ¾ HP. It all depends on the depth to water level. If it gets anywhere close to 24’, the ½ HP would only produce about 1 GPM. The ¾ HP would still produce about 5 GPM. If the water level stays high, the ½ HP would work. But I would rather be safe than sorry.

Also I think “general garden and yard sprinklers” would be considered as irrigation.

RR1947

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I was edging toward 3/4 hp, now I'm convinced. As for irrigation, I was referring to a couple of hoses instead of an in-ground multi-zone irrigation system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks