need answer, toilet concerns

Users who are viewing this thread

omni4

Reaction score
For a month now, I am noticing that the floor around our toilet bowl is warm/hot in temperature. There is no leak as I don't see any wet areas. It started noticing it that after flushing and the water keep running a long time. I make sure that after flushing the water is OK.
Please anybody give me any answers. Anyone had a previous experience in this situation. I don't want to get worst as I got no money. Help.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
If you had a leak then it stands to reason that the floor would be cooler or colder than the surrounding temperature because only cold water is piped into the toilet.

If you water is running a long time then the first thing you have to check is the chain to the flapper - it is either getting hung up (usually the handle has to be re-positioned so that there is a little slack in the chain), the chain is under the flap, or the flapper has gunk on the ball side, which should be cleaned off.

Secondly, your fill valve may need replacing. Some have a canister that rides up the tube. It may be binding. Or the valves inside may be bad. Check the water level, if it is too high it may be going down the tube which the flapper seals against.

Here's what you do. After using the toilet, let it fill up, then turn off the water valve to it. Check the floor temp and whether or not the water in the tank has gone down or whether the water level in the bowl has gone down. If they don't, it's probably not the toilet that is causing the temp to go up. Which as I said doesn't sound right - if it's leaking then the water should cause the floor temp to go down.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
HOT WATER leaks cause warm/hot floors, not cold water leaks. Have a plumber check for a broken underfloor hot water line. You may notice a rise in your gas/electric and water bills, along with less hot water at the faucets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks