Need an answer soon

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by psal2, Sep 2, 2005.

  1. psal2

    psal2 New Member

    I am cross posting this because no one seems to be looking at the other thread.

    Originally Posted by Terry
    I would use a mission coupling with a stainless cover over it, 2" plastic x 2" copper.

    I am new to this and sometimes a lot dense...

    3001-22 at Fernco looks like what you are talking about. This is a 2" cooper to 2" plastic Proflex coupling and looks like it has a stainless steel cover.

    HD has a Fernco 2" X 2" rubber coupling with stainless steel bands only.

    I have called 3 plumbling supply places around here and they either don't want to deal with an idiot like me or just handle contractors. And none had a Fernco or Mission coupling that was Cooper to Plastic. One said CI to PL, would that work?

    Otherwise, can you tell me where I can order one?
  2. thezster

    thezster New Member

    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Do an online search for plumbing supplies/fernco. You'll find what you want. HD carries exactly the part you need - here in Colorado. You might check another box store or a HD down the road.
  3. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Cave Creek, Arizona

    The CI to plastic coupling would only work if you cut a coupling in half and solder one half onto the copper prior to installing the rubber coupling. Then the o.d.'s would be acceptable.
  4. psal2

    psal2 New Member

    Thanks but I promised thezster that I would stay away from the flames and sweating and soldering...

    I will check online or at HD. Appreciate the response.
  5. RioHyde

    RioHyde Plumber

    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Yes, you need a 2" copper X 2" plastic sheilded coupling. The Proflex coupling (3001-22) made by Fernco would be correct. The inside diameter of the CI X Plastic coupling you asked if you could use would be FAR too big to connect to the copper as would the rubber fernco coupling with the bands you referred to. If there is a Ferguson or a Winnelson close by you, these are stock items they I would assume would be the case and most plumbing supply houses.
  6. psal2

    psal2 New Member

    No Ferguson or a Winnelson are in this area.

    I called 3 other plumbing supply places and no luck. I found a site on the internet that has them and if I don't find one locally (my HD and Lowe's don't have the 3001-22), I will just go on-line. BTW, guy at Lowes said the same thing about the OD, that appears to be the first right answer I got from a big box store in weeks...
Similar Threads: Need answer
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need question answered about water and pressure and cold outside (if that makes sense Jan 23, 2013
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Hydronic Heating question... need answer fairly soon. May 28, 2010
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Hey need a connection answer Feb 3, 2009
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need help with a shower drain in basement Tuesday at 6:22 AM
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice HELP! I’ve Fallen, and I can’t.....OK not really....., but I do need help! Dec 11, 2014

Share This Page