Need Advice Sizing PEX Supply lines

Users who are viewing this thread

tmy23

Reaction score
First thank you for any help! I am converting a small room adjacent to our master BR into a master bath. Nothing complex, 3 appliances...Toilet, Sink, Shower. Our hot water heater and cold supply are directly below the room (2 floors below) in the basement. All the other plumbing "appliances" in the house, two baths and the kitchen are at the other end of the house, 60+ ft away. I was considering running 3/4" PEX up to the new master bath to a manifold and then 1/2" runs to the three appliances. I am wondering if using 3/4 to take water off the same Hot/Cold Supply that runs that distance to the back of the house might starve those areas when both ends are demanding water. Should I instead reduce to 1/2" to supply the new master bath? The total run to the new MB is about 13' vertical and a total of 12' total lateral run, about 6 ft in the basement and 6 feet in the bathroom.

thank you for all help!!!

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
3/4" to manifold sounds best to me. I doubt you will have any issues starving for water the way you describe the situation, but if you were to have problems, going to 1/2" PEX isn't the solution. But you should be able to run multiple faucets/outlets/appliances at the same time before anything is noticeable. Biggest user of water volume would probably be filling the bathtub(s). Most likely you will never have everything running at the same time.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
At the least 3/4" on the cold to the bath before you split off. Don't worry about the other fixtures in the home. Make sure whatever you do though is correct at the time you're doing it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks