Need advice on submersible pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Let it rain

Reaction score
I have a well but no pump. I need water for livestock and wildlife. My well is 105' deep with static level of 39' and 5gpm flow (according to driller and confirming tester). It's 500+ yards of rough terrain to electricity.

My first thought is a submersible pump powered by a generator. Am I naive to think setting something like this up should be easy?

Looking around online, I see a 115V Wayne submersible that's rated at 10A. I beleive that's operating current. Their specs don't mention start-up power/current. Is a 2000W generator enough for starting the pump? Are there other/better pumps out there? I'd like to stay 115V as they require smaller generators.

I just want to pump water out of my well and fill a water trough without spending a fortune.

Thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!
Let it rain

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks