Need A Suggestion: Best Slip On Tub Diverter Spout... No Leaking!!

Users who are viewing this thread

John In Nv

Reaction score
Hi!

I rent a house and want to install a low flow shower head. The problem is, as I am sure most of you know, is that most tub diverters leak 20 to 30 percent of the water through the spout. Much more if you have a low flow shower head.

I am looking for a diverter spout that doesn't leak when closed.

I have a couple of requirements that unfortunately the landlord will not let me change:

1) The spout has to be a 1/2" copper pipe slip on (No Threads).

2) (And This Is The Big One) The spout has to accommodate a stub pipe length of 2 3/4".

I checked Lowes and Home Depot here in Las Vegas and could not find anything except cheap leaky junk, or spouts that will only accommodate a pipe length of 1 1/2" to 2".

I looked online for suggestions and found a forum that suggested the
Moen 3931 Replacement Shower Tub Diverter Spout with Slip Fit Connection

It looked like it was exactly what I was looking for, but it accommodates a pipe length of a maximum of 2 1/2".

Hoping somebody can help me!

Thanks, in advance for your help

John

Reach4

Reaction score
They are all going to leak some. I think it may be a rule to let the shower drain eventually. These leak much less than most.

RP17454 Tub Spout Pull-Down Diverter, Chrome
(RP17453 is same but plastic). You can solder their adapter onto 1/2 inch copper.

RP5836 uses a set screw.

While I suspect they will accommodate your 2.75 inch stub, I don't know. I offer those numbers for your further research.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks