Need a picture of a Shurz Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
upload_2015-3-22_17-53-35.png

All my old pictures are worthless, anyone got a picture I can use?

LOL, anyone here even know what a Schurz valve is?

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-22_17-53-21.png
    upload_2015-3-22_17-53-21.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I have a drawing, I will post it tomorrow. It is the old Schurz valve that was bought by Fleck 25-30 years ago. I am guessing Fleck bought them for the hot water plastic. The plastic was almost instantly used for the Fleck 3600, the Schurz valve was discontinued. history class is over. :)

It was a 2 cycle valve, Brine and Slow rinse only with upflow regeneration. The valves were amazingly cheap to rebuild, I think the whole rebuild kit was under $10. They took about 2 minutes to rebuild, and they worked by simply opening the drain line. Anyway, I am writing a short article on water softener cycles and would like to include n actual picture of one rather than an old drawing from a copied manual I have from 1985.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks