Need a new toilet with 10 in roughin

Users who are viewing this thread

mymajo

Reaction score
I need advise. I am trying to install a new toilet and had settled on the Toto Drake. Removed old toilet and found roughin is 11" 1/8 not 12. What do I do? I see there is Toto Eco Drake with 10 in roughin. Any feedback on this toilet? Help, I already took the sledge hammer to the old toilet!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
First, make sure you are measuring properly...the rough-in is from the center of the drain to the wall, not the baseboard (unless it is VERY tall). The 10" Drake should work as well as the original.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't think the Drake comes in anything but a 12" rough-in. However, it will fit on somewhat less than 12", but I don't recall how much less. Another option would be one of the models using the Unifit Adapter. With the proper adapter, these will fit 10", 12", and 14" rough-ins.

theBigSee

DIY Member
Reaction score
Last weekend I installed (and then uninstalled!) an American Standard Cadet 3 with 12" rough-in. It's designed to be 4" from the wall so I think you could easily install that in a 10" rough-in with 2" to spare. Strange toilet.

We returned it and ordered an Eco Drake. If it's a Toto, I don't have to worry, I know it's going to be great. I tried saving some money and it wasn't worth it. Buy the Toto, you will love it.

mymajo

Reaction score
drake toilet

Thanks for the info. I want to order a Toto toilet but want to make sure it will fit. I will see how it all works out . Girl Power!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks