Need a new toilet with 10 in roughin

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by mymajo, Mar 22, 2010.

1. mymajo

mymajo New Member

I need advise. I am trying to install a new toilet and had settled on the Toto Drake. Removed old toilet and found roughin is 11" 1/8 not 12. What do I do? I see there is Toto Eco Drake with 10 in roughin. Any feedback on this toilet? Help, I already took the sledge hammer to the old toilet!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

First, make sure you are measuring properly...the rough-in is from the center of the drain to the wall, not the baseboard (unless it is VERY tall). The 10" Drake should work as well as the original.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I don't think the Drake comes in anything but a 12" rough-in. However, it will fit on somewhat less than 12", but I don't recall how much less. Another option would be one of the models using the Unifit Adapter. With the proper adapter, these will fit 10", 12", and 14" rough-ins.
  4. thebigsee

thebigsee DIY Member

Last weekend I installed (and then uninstalled!) an American Standard Cadet 3 with 12" rough-in. It's designed to be 4" from the wall so I think you could easily install that in a 10" rough-in with 2" to spare. Strange toilet.

We returned it and ordered an Eco Drake. If it's a Toto, I don't have to worry, I know it's going to be great. I tried saving some money and it wasn't worth it. Buy the Toto, you will love it.
  5. mymajo

mymajo New Member

drake toilet

Thanks for the info. I want to order a Toto toilet but want to make sure it will fit. I will see how it all works out . Girl Power!
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You can install the Drake at 11"
    CST744E

The 10" Drake can be installed at 9-1/4"
    CST744EF.10