Navien NCB-240 for this house? (photos)

Users who are viewing this thread

vanagon

Reaction score
Hi delta-Ts are hard to maintain at very low boiler output temps. Most low-temp systems run 5-10F delta-Ts on the radiation when the temps are well into the condensing zone. It's all a matter of just how quickly the radiation can emit that heat into the house and the pumping rate- it takes a LOT of radiation to put much heat into a 70F house with 85F water, and you WON'T be seeing a 14F delta-T on the radiation.

I guess my basic question is whether this means that a Delta-T pump on the secondary loop is a bad idea, when using the outdoor reset sensor (since sometimes the boiler temps will be high, and sometimes low.) I want to avoid a scenario where the Delta-T pump slows down so much that the primary loop is recycling water. i guess at these temps I would be in the condensing range anyways, so that everything would be okay?

vanagon

Reaction score
Right. So I guess I'll try it out in Delta-T mode first, and if I'm getting significant water recycling in the primary loop, I'll switch to a constant speed.

Leon82

Reaction score
They are a bit larger than an 007 as far as external dimensions. Diameter and overall length.

The flange height is the same though.

Leon82

Reaction score
I think the conditions need to be right for a perfect scenario hence the reason for the Hydraulic separation.

It won't be perfect all the time.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Some smart pumps such as the Bumble Bee allows you to set a fixed GPM in 0.5 gpm increments as well as a delta-T mode. The Taco Viridian series (like the 1816) also allows you to run in a proportional pressure mode (useful for systems that get tweaked-in for room to room temperature balance with thermostatic radiator valves) or a fixed speed mode, which achieves the same thing as a fixed gpm. They are all far more flexible and power-efficient than old-school 3-speeds or single speed workhorses like the tried & true 007.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks