Mystery Shower Valve - ID Help!

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by TehPhreakshow, Apr 25, 2007.

1. TehPhreakshow

TehPhreakshow New Member

The previous owner (foreclosed) of my newly acquired house found it necessary to remove all the plumbing (sinks, toilets), mechanical, and electrical items (switches, wallplates) from the house before he left (he even took the crown moulding from every room and recessed light trims).

He left me with two showers with mixing valves in need of repair/estucheons/handles.

Problem #1 is that they are in tiled walls, with no easy access from the rear.

Problem #2 is that I cannot identify the brand/type. Hope you can help!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

3. Cass

Cass Plumber

Thats 2 of us.

Never have seen one like that.
  4. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Go to Lowes/HD and buy a Delta handle and trim kit and see if that works. You can always return it if it doesn't.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  5. TehPhreakshow

TehPhreakshow New Member

6. Dan Pick

Dan Pick New Member

I think you got it. Am Std made a lot of ceramic disks cartridge faucets before they discovered they were not the next greatest thing in the world.
  7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

stem

The three screws were a typical American Standard feature, but none of my books showed one similar to the picture.