Mystery shower valve? Danze, Global Union, Pegasus

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by DBIprop, Dec 13, 2012.

1. DBIprop

DBIprop New Member

Trying to identify make of this valve which came with my friends new home. I suspect its one the home depot specials but have had no luck so far in my searches. The rough valve body in wall is stamped on top-side with GOBO ASE1016 or AS51016. On back of trim plate is a sticker with # 12085. The diverter function is integrated into the valve body. Thought it was an Innova brand by shape of tub spout but after speaking with them its not. They're diverter is a push-button type, not lever. It looks like real heavy-duty brass, I suspected maybe Pegasas but couldn't turn up anything of the like. Any ideas??

Btw, reason is I need to replace the diverter part, o-ring washer is leaking inside.
    IMG_0139.jpg IMG_0142.jpg IMG_0144.jpg IMG_0137.jpg
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The trim sleeve very much reminds me of HD's Glacier Bay/Pegasus. But the mfg. Globe Union produces identical products under MANY name and no name brands. Give them a call ( number on the side of the box at the depot)
  3. DBIprop

DBIprop New Member

Thanks for the lead. Previous owner was definitely a DYI'er, and not a good one at that by the rest of the home so that^^^ fits the bill.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Danze, (although Costco's "WaterRight" brand is exactly the same and interchangeable). Go to Danze.com, find your valve, (probably #D113001BT), then call their customer service with the part number, (DA603819 plus the "color".). they may send it under their "lifetime" warranty. if not it is $25.00

http://www.danze.com/file.aspx?DocumentId=1713

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Good call. DANZE is made by Globe Union.
  6. DBIprop

DBIprop New Member

Thanks hj, I will check with Danze. Already sent email to Globe Union this morn, who know how long it will take em to respond.
  7. DBIprop

DBIprop New Member

Just got off the phone with a cust serv rep at Danze. Apparenty I was in the system from years ago, they're sending two versions of the part,free. Never expected such an easy experience. I expect it from brands like grohe and moen, not home depot house brands. :D
  8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Danze is not a "Home Depot" brand, but the identical faucet under different names is. The Danze pull out kitchen faucet is $400.00, but the WaterRight version from Costco is $80.00. Go figure.
  9. Serch

Serch New Member

Hi,
    I have to replace the handle for the same valve and trim. I had been looking for it in several places, inclyding the Danze website. It seems to be old and no one has it. Please let me know if you found the same part or one that matchs the valve. I am wonder if I can't avoid replacing the valve.
    Thank you