Mystery Faucet - Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

salinger

Reaction score
Thank you Terry and participants for this website.

"Clueless about plumbing" property manager here. The diverter handle in this faucet (see attached picture) won't turn anymore. I'd appreciate any help I can get in identifying this faucet. I'm going to hire a plumber to fix it or replace it, but I could save the owners some money if I can identify the faucet and maybe find a distributor for replacement parts first.

I've learned over the past few days that:
- this may be called a 3-valve faucet;
- 3-valve faucets may have been discontinued;
- it could very well be a piece of crap; and
- I might need a new diverter valve or to replace the whole thing

The owners had the bathroom redone in 2000 or 2001. The company that did that work identified this faucet from the picture as a Cifial. But the folks at Cifial headquarters couldn't identify it, so they suggested Broadway Collection. A third expert told me it there is no way it is Broadway Collection.

PS - the homeowners are out of the country, so I don't have access to the original paperwork.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Mystery-Faucet---sized-for-.jpg
    Mystery-Faucet---sized-for-.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 326

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't recognize it, but do agree it is not Broadway. For starters, most Broadway was polished brass, and mostly lever handles. Their designs were mostly a little fancier than what you show. That's good , because Broadway is out of business, and very little parts support is available. Ingersol Rand is hoarding the last available parts and will provide them under warranty to the original purchaser with receipt!

Remove the handle, take off the flange , and unscrew that diverter stem. post a picture of it. Someone will probably recognize it/

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Those handles look like Fit-All replacements. The make and model is not apparent so the plumber will have to disassemble the faucet to try to identify the stems. If you took the handles and flanges off, we might be able to do it also, but it would be pure luck if we could.

salinger

Reaction score
Thanks folks

As advised, I will take that thing apart and see what I can find. Thanks for your advice!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks