Mysterious black hose connected from wall under my bathroom sink to the sink drainpip

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by joe pipe, Aug 7, 2006.

1. joe pipe

joe pipe New Member

Anyone know what this hose is comming from wall going to my sink drain pipe under my bathroom sink...the otherside of the wall is a fire place in the bedroom.......anyone?

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    hose

The most common reason for it is that it is the condensate drain from your air conditioner.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The first thing that comes to mind is a condensate drain from an air conditioner. Do you have an A/C above, such as in the attic? It is common to run the condensate drain down to a wye tailpiece under a sink.