My Watts 800M4QT is leaking and I need to replace the Vent Float.....

Users who are viewing this thread

FAM

Reaction score
I know they have repair kits for my problem, but do I have to buy the whole kit if I only need the vent float? Where can I get just the VENT FLOAT? If it's not possible to get just the vent float, where can I order the kit for a decent price?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
FAM

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Back flow prevention devices should be inspected and re-certified annually by a licensed inspector. Texas may not pay attention to the federal requirements on this, but they certainly do in the state of Washington. In my city, those of us using city water for irrigation are provided a list of approved certified inspectors each spring (got my list about a month ago) It is our responsibility to contact one of these and make an appointment for inspection. If the inspector finds a device is not holding, he should have the repair parts necessary to make needed repairs on the spot. We pay the inspector's fee, usually $35, plus any repairs needed. He then sends a copy of his inspection to the city. If we fail to get the inspection, our water is shut off.

FAM

Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info, but here in TX we don't have that same requirement. We are allowed to do our own repairs for sprinkler systems. Now I just need to find the part or repair kit.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, if Texas doesn't enforce requirement for back flow devices, why not just plumb you system without one?

S

samson smith

I know they have repair kits for my problem, but do I have to buy the whole kit if I only need the vent float? Where can I get just the VENT FLOAT? If it's not possible to get just the vent float, where can I order the kit for a decent price?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
FAM

I give you an advice. Firstly check the vent float, it is working or not. If it is not working and your problem is not solved then you can replaced it. You can easily purchase the vent float from local stores and online store. For this purpose you take help of experienced person that have a good knowledge of vent float. It is most important part of sprinkler.

Last edited by a moderator:

cn90

Reaction score
For those reading this thread, just Google "800M4QT repair kit".
And look for "Vent Float Kit" that usually includes: "float vent disc assembly (vent float, seal & spring) and bonnet O-ring".

The Vent Float Kit is usually on sales for about $10.

Examples are:
---> 1/2 & 3/4" BFP: Watts 0887709
---> 1" BFP: Watts 0887710

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks