My pipes are rattling.

Users who are viewing this thread

kstevens19

Reaction score
We had an issue about a week ago with our faucets moaning anytime the water was cut on. My husband lowered the water pressure at the mainline. Ever since then we are having an issue with our pipes rattling. And it's not as much a rattling as a bunch of sharp tapping noises in a row. Then it just stops. Here's where it gets wierd. They don't do this when the faucets are turned on and off, or when a toliet is flushed. They rattle at random times. But they ALWAYS rattle bettwen 5 and 6 AM when no one is awake. It has woken me up every morning since this past Saturday. I'm not sure what needs to be done. Does anyone have a clue what this could be?

Update: My husband just told me that he believes the actual noise is coming directly from the main line. (Where it comes into the house).

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Did he adjust the PRV valve?

If yes how old is your home?

kstevens19

Reaction score
Sorry, I had to ask him. Yes he adjusted the PRV valve.
Our home was built in 2000.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks