my new supply additions are good or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

lmei007

Reaction score
I am adding two more zones onto the existing one zone water heating system.

From the picture you can see I plan to add two more supplies branches to the right with two 45 degree turns.

The existing 007 circulator is taken off and will be replaced with a new 007 circulator with flow check valve.

The first addition locates in between two 45 degree turns.

I have circulators in hand and the spaces are enough for these circulators.

Do you think this layout is good to go for now? Anything wrong there?

thanks,

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 223

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the boiler is tapped 1" then increasing pipe header size makes no difference. Even if the branches are 1" they will eventually reduce through the radiation.

lmei007

Reaction score
Are you saying I can go ahead and it should work fine or I should change the branch to 3/4" and then 1/2" to baseboards.

I understand the old one zone system there is only one main. Now part of the previous main become a branch now. Branch should be smaller than real main. But what will happen if I keep the current setting, i.e. all 1" except these 1/2" connections to CI baseboards? Still work, partially work or never work correctly?

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Size doesn't matter all that much. The radiation will take whatever the pump is capable of putting out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks