my kitchen sink sprayer thinks its a machine gun

Users who are viewing this thread

sashapink

Reaction score
:eek: we just installed a new faucet w/sprayer. everything works great except the sprayer pulses like crazy...did we do somethg wrong??? it couldn't possibly be designed to work like this ...could it???? does anyone know of a way to fix it?

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
The washer that seals the spayer head to the sprayer hose may be loose. Or, it may be another seal in the sprayer valve that is loose. It may be a defect or a poor install.

Last edited:

sashapink

Reaction score
thanks...i'm going to recheck everything now. thought it was OK, but you never know. i'm thinking it's a problem with the pressure 'cause when the faucets only half open it's ok. i'm sure there is something obvious i've overlooked. this faucet/sprayer is different than any i've delt with before (in my limited plumbing world). oh well...one can only learn from their mistakes! anyway, this site has given me alot of laughs and brightened my day. good stuff.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
sashapink said:
thanks...i'm going to recheck everything now. thought it was OK, but you never know. i'm thinking it's a problem with the pressure 'cause when the faucets only half open it's ok. i'm sure there is something obvious i've overlooked. this faucet/sprayer is different than any i've delt with before (in my limited plumbing world). oh well...one can only learn from their mistakes! anyway, this site has given me alot of laughs and brightened my day. good stuff.

When a washer is loose, it's usually fine up to a particular pressure. Above that pressure, it starts to vibrate. In some cases, it will stop vibrating again at an even higher pressure.

sashapink

Reaction score
i see...it's called kingston brass. looked nicely made (better than at home stores), but more complicated. i haven't disassembled the entire thing yet... won't have time untll later in the week 'cause i need to use the sink now.i only rechecked the above connections. glad it's only the sprayer thats a problem. too bad i have a outside job...i like working on my house better. instant gratification. well in this case, maybe not so instant, but still fun. thanks for your direction...the instructions/info that came with the faucet are sparce, to say the least. i'll let you know how it works out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks