My house is possessed!

Users who are viewing this thread

SouthernTrouble

Reaction score
Hello all! Have 2 issues that, so far, no one can figure out.

House info: Built in 1996, my family are the only owners. We're on a slab, on horrid Georgia red clay! No remodeling or major plumbing work has ever been done. We're also on a septic tank system. Also, out water heater is a Rinnai tankless gas water heater installed on back of house, control pad inside.

First issue: For sometime now, randomly through the day, you can hear the sound of water dripping, rather quickly at first, then slows to nothing. Almost as if you were trying to turn a faucet to just drop, the way it goes from solid stream to drops.

The noise is rather loud, and in the wall that separates the two full baths. I can also hear it in my office which shares a wall with the bathrooms. I can find no signs of water anywhere! It does not seem to depend on shower/toilet/faucet use. Completely random.

Second issue: every 2 years or so, we will find a good bit of water seemingly coming from that shared wall. At the same time, the only time the septic tank is pumped is when there's a problem, as long as 3-4 years. With that lack of pumping, of course you'll find the septic tank slap full. For whatever reason, a plumber convinced my father that this water was a consequence of the septic tank backing up.

My issue with that is the water does not come out of the drains, there is absolutely no odor & the water is crystal clear. In addition, there's not even an odor in the drains.

The only thing I can link to this flooding is that generally, it has rained for around a week a few days prior. Now I've been present when the tank is pumped, or seeing the material in the access pipe. There is nothing clean, clear and pure about it.

I'm getting rather worried we have an undetected leak which increases the chance of molds, which I'm allergic to.

Any suggestions, opinions or ideas you may have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks